Down Payment Assistance
The GSFA California Down Payment Assistance Program from Options Financial
This exciting down payment program offered by Options Financial for California residents provides eligible borrowers with assistance in the form of a zero-interest, no monthly payment Second Mortgage that is forgiven after three (3) years.
The Down Payment Assistance (DPA) is available at up to 5% of the total loan amount and can be used towards the down payment and/or closing costs*.
Many times the assistance can help homebuyers purchase a home with little-to-no money out of pocket and/or much sooner than thought possible.
- The program is very flexible. Eligible loan types include FHA, VA, USDA, and Conventional mortgages, and the income limits are generous
- Available with a purchase or refinance of a primary residence
- Program is NOT limited to first-time homebuyers
- There are NO Income Limits for eligibility
- Minimum FICO 640 | Maximum DTI 45%
The GSFA Platinum® Down Payment Assistance Gift for “Select” Occupations in California
For certain occupations in public safety and education, the Program provides DPA in the form of a Gift that NEVER HAS TO BE REPAID! The following lists “select” qualifying occupations for this program:
- Medical and Healthcare Workers
- Peace Officers, Sheriff, Border Patrol Agents, Correctional Officers and others serving in a Law Enforcement capacity
- Firefighters, CalFire, paramedic, and Emergency Medical Technicians (EMTs), including administrative staff that support firefighters
- Current members of the California State Teachers Retirement System (CalSTRS) or University of California Retirement Plan (UCRP)
- Employees of a California accredited Private, Charter or Public School District or California State University, Junior College or Private College, including school administration and staff
Want to know more? Complete the contact form above and one of our team members will reach out to you.